Matcha Collagen Latte Recipe
Are you a fan of collagen? If so, this frothy latte is a delicious way to include extra amino acids in your diet while enjoying the benefits of matcha.
Collagen is a structural protein and is found in areas like our digestive tract, skin, tendons, muscles, hair, teeth and bones. For this recipe we opted for a quality marine collagen. Marine collagen is known to have the highest absorption rate of all collagen types, and is associated with a number of health benefits.
Matcha, on the other hand, is a finely ground powder derived from specially grown green tea leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. Matcha contains an abundance of antioxidant compounds that can help protect our cells against damage caused by lifestyle factors, such as environmental pollution and not eating a diet rich in nutrients.
More specifically, matcha contains the catechin epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). While EGCG is naturally found in various teas, matcha is particularly potent in this powerful antioxidant. EGCG actually makes up more than half of the catechins found in matcha. Studies have shown that EGCG can help reduce inflammation, balance blood sugars, reduce blood pressure and lower LDL cholesterol.
- 1-1/2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. Soar Organics Matcha Powder
- 5 grams Marine Collagen
- 1 tsp. Raw Honey, or sweetener of your choice
- Warm coconut milk separately in a small pot.
- Add coconut milk, matcha powder, marine collagen and sweetener to a blender. Vent lid to allow steam to escape.
- Process for 15 to 20 seconds until smooth and frothy. Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!